HD Eye Care created a program called Kids Vision for the Future. This is our way of giving back to the community.
We provide a free eye exam and one free pair of glasses for any child that is referred by a school nurse, once a week.
When the child receives their glasses we ask them to write two paragraphs to answer these two questions.
- Why is vision important?
- Why is it important to give back to the community?
To date, the nurses have done a great job of identifying those children in need and the children have been very appreciative. If you would like to view their paragraphs, they are on display in our reception area.
Other community involvements include:
- Medical Coordinator for the local 9 Health fair in Highlands Ranch. Dr Jacobs volunteers his time to coordinate the doctors and nurses at the site.
- Volunteer and past president of the Highlands Ranch Lions Club..."We Serve"
- Volunteer and past coordinator for the Colorado Kidsight; a program to screen preschoolers for vision problems.
- Dr. Jacobs is a Little league supporter and assistant coach. He is a Basketball league supporter and coach.
Dr. Jacobs also supports various charities.